Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I did not know that

No sign of the duck today. Instead we're treated to a figure who's apparently supposed to be Howard Dean and--actually I don't know who the blonde is supposed to be, some lesbian latte-sipping liberal I suppose.

Anyway, actual dialogue from the strip:

Dean: Oh geeez! Mallard Fillmore's starting a populist "draft Walter Williams for the G.O.P. nomination" movement!
LL-sL: But isn't that how your "grass-roots" campaign in 2004 started sir?

How about that, Howard Dean's candidacy began with a Mallard Fillmore comic strip!

Be a glutton for punishment: Read the strip

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in Ventura County, I'll be writting another letter to the editor complaining about this duck... especially after Bush's bulldozer episode at the caterpiller factor....

Anonymous said...

IIRC, Dean says something like "I might have won if I weren't crazy."

Now I don't think Howard Dean is crazy. Then again, the Howard Dean I supported in '04 never got up in arms about a shut-in duck boosting an obscure historian for president. The Dean in the Mallardverse does, so maybe this one is.